COVID-19 Safety Protocols
While we may be experiencing challenging times, we believe that together, we can get through them. Our practice has always had the very highest of standards when it comes to your health and that has not changed. Every time you visit our office, our primary goal is to ensure your health and your safety.
We want to assure you that we are taking specific measures in addition to our thorough infection control procedures to keep you, our dental team, and our community safe from the spread of COVID-19.
We are not interested in meeting guidelines; we’re driven by the need to exceed them because we know that you and your health are worth the extra effort.
New Protocols for Your Safety
- Our reception is open.
- Masks are no longer required in healthcare facilities, they are however still recommended. Our team members will continue to be wearing their masks around our patients.
- If you have been feeling ill, please refrain from visiting us. Please give our office a call.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the check-in counter and checkout counter.
- All patients receiving care will be provided with an antimicrobial rinse prior to each procedure to limit aerosols.
- Air-purifying equipment and aerosol-capturing systems are in use to provide the cleanest air for you.
- Daily use of our UVlizer in each operatory and reception area. A UVlizer works by breaking down certain chemical bonds and scrambling the structure of DNA, RNA, and proteins, causing a microorganism to be unable to multiply.
- If you are considered high-risk, please give our office a call so we can give you additional details on how we are keeping our high-risk patients safe.
Existing Protocols for Your Safety
- Hand Hygiene
Proper handwashing is one of the most important measures our team takes to prevent the spread of infection. For routine dental exams and nonsurgical procedures, we wash thoroughly with water and hand soap specifically created for healthcare settings.
- Personal Protective Equipment
We possess and use all necessary protective equipment, including face masks, face shields, gloves, protective eyewear, and protective clothing. Worn by our team and changed regularly, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is designed to protect everyone in our practice from exposure to infectious agents.
- Sterilization and Disinfection of Patient-Care Items and Devices
Instruments and equipment used in your care are all regularly sterilized and disinfected to ensure that your health is never at risk. Items such as surgical instruments and mouth mirrors are always sterilized before each use.
- Regular Sanitation:
Common touchpoints, including seating, workspaces, door handles, railings, and restrooms are sanitized on a regular basis by our team with effective cleaning solutions certified to kill viruses.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office today for more information.