COVID-19 Safety Protocols
While we may be experiencing challenging times, we believe that together, we can get through them. Our practice has always had the very highest of standards when it comes to your health and that hasn’t changed. Every time you visit our office, our primary goal is to ensure your health and your safety.
We want to assure you that we are taking specific measures in addition to our thorough infection control procedures in order to keep you, our dental team, and our community safe from the spread of COVID-19.
We’re not interested in meeting guidelines, we’re driven by the need to exceed them because we know that you and your health are worth the extra effort.
New Protocols for Your Safety
- Our team will be contacting you within 48 hours of your appointment for a brief wellness screening. If you have been feeling ill, please refrain from visiting us for 14 days after symptoms cease.
- We will be conducting check-ins outside our office. Text or call our office at (360) 752-1600 when you arrive, and one of our team members will meet you outside for a health screening. Your temperature will be taken, and you will be provided with a mask and hand sanitizer prior to entering the office.
- To limit exposure, we ask that you visit us alone. If you must be accompanied, we request that friends and family members please wait in the car.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will be utilizing contactless HIPAA compliant communication such as online scheduling and text payments.
- New air purifying equipment and aerosol-capturing systems are arriving to our office in June 2020
Existing Protocols for Your Safety
- Hand Hygiene
Proper handwashing is one of the most important measures our team takes to prevent the spread of infection. For routine dental exams and nonsurgical procedures, we wash thoroughly with water and hand soap specifically created for healthcare settings.
- Personal Protective Equipment
We possess and use all necessary protective equipment, including face masks, face shields, gloves, protective eyewear, and protective clothing. Worn by our team and changed regularly, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is designed to protect everyone in our practice from exposure to infectious agents.
- Sterilization and Disinfection of Patient-Care Items and Devices
Instruments and equipment used in your care are all regularly sterilized and disinfected to ensure that your health is never at risk. Items such as surgical instruments and mouth mirrors are always sterilized before each use.
- Regular Sanitation:
Common touchpoints, including seating, workspaces, door handles, railings, and restrooms are sanitized on a regular basis by our team with effective cleaning solutions certified to kill viruses.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office today for more information.
We look forward to seeing your smiles.