INFORMATION FOR SCHOOL EMPLOYEES
Under the School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program, starting January 1, 2020 you will be able to choose from up to three of the following dental plan options, depending on where you live:
- DeltaCare Plan (Delta Dental of Washington);
- Uniform Dental Plan (Delta Dental of Washington); and
- Willamette Dental Plan.
The difference between these dental plans may be difficult to recognize, especially because two of the plans offered are by Delta Dental of Washington. Below is a brief summary of certain differences between the DeltaCare Plan, the Uniform Dental Plan and the Willamette Dental Plan.
The DeltaCare plan is a managed care dental plan. Under this plan, you are required to receive all your dental care from an assigned primary care dentist from the DeltaCare network. There is no annual deductible or maximum under this plan. Instead, you pay some copayments for dental services.
Uniform Dental Plan
The Uniform Dental plan is a preferred provider organization (or, PPO) plan. Under this plan, you are allowed receive your dental care from any licensed dentist. The annual maximum is $1,750 for the plan year, and the deductible is $50/person, $150/family.
Willamette Dental Plan
The Willamette Dental plan is a managed care dental plan. Under this plan, you are required to receive your dental care from a Willamette Dental Group dentist. There is no annual deductible or maximum under this plan. Instead, you pay some copayments for dental services.
For more details regarding each plan’s coverage and your benefits as a school employee, please visit the Washington State Health Care Authority’s website:
For your information:
- Love Dentistry currently participates in the Uniform Dental plan.
- I not a DeltaCare network dentist. Please note that, under the DeltaCare plan, you must visit a dentist from the DeltaCare network.
- I am not a Willamette Dental provider. Please note that, in order to receive care under a Willamette Dental plan, you must receive your care from a Willamette Dental Group dentist.